Cooks in: 35 mins
Serves: 4 serves
- Cluster oyster mushrooms 1kg
- 100g tempeh (marinated in 20ml GF soy sauce and 20ml maple syrup)
- 100g sweetcorn
- 150g Pickled red cabbage
- 150g cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Romaine lettuce
- 100ml tahini
- 50ml water
- 50g chopped capers
- 30ml maple syrup
- 10g mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Sauté the diced onion for 10 minutes, add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Sauté the diced portobello mushrooms, until golden brown. And the water has been released. Leave to cool in a bowl.
- Next make the mushroom duxelles. In a separate pan sauté the blended button mushrooms with no oil. Until all the water was gone. Season them to taste and leave to cool in a separate bowl.
- Mix the tempeh with the diced portobello mushrooms and sautéed onion and garlic mix. Season with salt and pepper. Thyme and mustard. Mix well and form a ballotine. Leave in the freezer to chill.
- Start to assemble. Roll out the dough.
- Lay the cabbage leaves down. And then spread the mushroom duxelles mix over the top. Make sure to have an even nicer layer.
- Take out tempeh mix, place on top. Wrap all up tighty. Chill for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, mix the plant-based milk, oil and maple syrup to make an 'egg' wash.
- Glaze the pastry all over with the egg wash. Bake at 160oc for 30-40 mins. Until golden brown.